Hiking can be a harsh and physically taxing hobby, but the majesty of nature makes all the hard work in hiking worth it. For the hiking newcomer, the final hiking checklist is below:
- Map and Compass – These two items can help you navigate unknown territory and reduce fear and anxiety.
- Flashlights and headlamps – This equipment is very important if you are planning to travel in the dark.
- Food and water – They can protect you from dehydration or hypothermia, especially when medical help is too far away.
- Sunglasses – If you plan to go through the snowy mountains, these sunglasses can prevent ice blindness. You may have reduced visibility, and without them, your eyes may be injured.
- First aid kit – It is useful when you have small cuts, blisters, burns or punctures during your trekking and also may help you from other problems like broken limbs and fingers, snake and insect bites and more.
- Knife – This may help you when building your shelter, shaving firewood, preparing food, cutting ropes and others.
- Whistle – If you get lost while hiking, this is a lightweight and concise way to ask for help. As its sound can travel for longer distance than human voice.
- Sleeping bags – They are one of the crucial camping gears which ensure a good night sleep in the wildness.
These essential things should always be in your backpack when you plan for hiking. You can purchase these items in premium outdoor hiking equipment singapore. Have a safe trip!